Watching all the content available on Netflix USA and not on Netflix Canada or Netflix Latin America is easier than you imagine.
Suppose you already have a Netflix Canada or Netflix Latin America account. In that case, you may have noticed that not all the content that the inhabitants of the United States can watch from there is available. Although less and less, some series and movies are released there before they reach other countries.
Is it legal to watch Netflix US from Canada or Latin America?
So, before proceeding, make sure you’re willing to go beyond these rules imposed by Netflix and specified in the contract you sign when creating an account. The company has every right to suspend it if it detects that you use a VPN.
Aware that some of its users were taking advantage of this trick, Netflix has already blocked some VPN connections, such as the free Hola, so you will have to use others like NordVPN.
It’s hard to know if using a VPN is legal or not, as it’s more of a legal issue. However, it’s hard to imagine that Netflix would start a lawsuit for copyright infringement for something like this.
How does a VPN connection work?
The use of a VPN connection allows your computer to use an IP address located in another country other than the one you are physically in, which makes it possible for you to browse a website available only in the United States from Canada.
The luck of having a Netflix account is that this one is international: you can use it to visit any of its national versions. However, you can only access these pages from the country in question or use a VPN to “lie to” you.
By connecting to a server located in the United States from Canada or Latin America, Netflix will think that you are within the North American border and let you enjoy all the Netflix US content as if you were really in New York or Los Angeles.
How to watch Netflix US from Canada or Latin America on your Mac or MacBook
Our preferred option for watching Netflix US from Canada or Latin America is to use NordVPN. Despite being paid, the service it offers is excellent and is also not blocked by this streaming-video service. Here are the steps to follow:
1. Open your preferred web browser and head to NordVPN’s official page (NordVPN (Get 70% OFF Exclusive for Geekrar users).).
2. Now, click on ‘Get NordVPN’ and choose one of the plans offered by the company. Currently, the most popular is the 2-year-old.
3. Once you’ve created an account and made the corresponding payment, you can install the NordVPN app on your Mac or MacBook.
4. When the installation is complete, open the program, log in and click ‘List’ to find a server located in the United States. When you find it, connect to it.
5. To check that your computer has connected well to your new IP address, you must check that the switch you will see above is activated, that is, green. In addition, the icon about the United States on the map should also be in green.
6. Finally, head to the Netflix website, and you will see that it will allow you to access only Netflix US. Log in, and you will have at your fingertips all the content available on the other side of the pond.
How to watch Netflix US from Canada or Latin America on your iPhone or iPad
The process to watch Netflix US from Canada or Latin America on an iPhone or iPad is very similar to that used to do it from an Apple computer or laptop. Still, in this case, you will need to download the Netflix app on your device.
1. Open your preferred web browser on your computer and head to the official website of the VPN you’ve chosen. You must create an account, choose a plan and make the corresponding payment if it is a paid service.
3. Once the installation is complete, open the app, log in, and connect to a server in the United States. Make sure the switch is green, which will indicate that the connection has been successful.
4. If you don’t have the Netflix app installed on your smartphone or tablet, now it’s time to do so. You have to go back to your device’s ‘App Store,’ find the app in question and install it.
5. Finally, open the Netflix app, and you’ll see that you’ll have access to Netflix US only. Log in, and you will have at your fingertips all the content available on the other side of the pond.