After several months of beta testing, the update has become available to all users of Apple devices.
iOS and iPadOS 14 were introduced in September 2020. The seventh major operating system update brings more useful features and fixes, including:
- Added support for external MagSafe battery for iPhone 12 , iPhone 12 mini , iPhone 12 Pro and iPhone 12 Pro Max ;
- Added the ability to control timers using the HomePod to the Home app;
- Weather and Maps applications now provide air quality information for Spain, Italy, Canada, the Netherlands, France and South Korea;
- In the podcast library, you can display all podcasts or only those you subscribe to;
- Fixed a bug with displaying the “Share Playlist” menu item in the “Music” application;
- Fixed playback of Dolby Atmos and Lossless audio in the Music app – songs could stop unexpectedly;
- Fixed a battery maintenance message that might disappear after restarting some iPhone 11 models ;
- Fixed a bug with braille display – incorrect information may be displayed when composing emails in the Mail application.
The iOS 14.7 update also fixed a bug that caused Wi-Fi to stop working on the iPhone when the smartphone was connected to a network named “% p% s% s% s% s% n”. Recently, the name of another dangerous Wi-Fi network for the iPhone was revealed.
Updates are sent out automatically. You can check its availability manually by opening “Settings” → “General” → “Software update”, and then clicking on the “Download and install” link.