Data loss among users of computers and laptops is a very common situation. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to accustom yourself to doing regular backups, to monitor the state of the disk, periodically running a software to monitor the disk health. And no one is safe from accidental errors when the wrong file is deleted or the wrong device is formatted. There are already articles on our site devoted to various data recovery programs, but as a rule, they are talking about the usual data recovery from a hard drive. In this article, we would like to review a software for data recovery not only from ordinary devices, but also one that works in complex cases and with unusual file systems.
So, what do we mean by complex cases? First, these are multi-disk devices. Not just a hard drive, but several hard drives combined into one storage using RAID technology. Secondly, these are “exotic file systems”, such as refs, btrfs and zfs.
For all these cases, you can choose the ReclaiMe File Recovery. ReclaiMe software has been on the market for many years and on various technical forums, on TrustPilot site you can read only positive reviews of the software. It shows the best results where others are powerless. ReclaiMe supports recovery from all well-known NAS devices, which are now so popular among both home users and small businesses. The list of supported NAS devices is very large, here are just a few of them – QNAP, Synology, Asustor, WD and others.
In addition, the official website has detailed tutorials and even video instructions for each type of NAS device.
Table of Contents
- Easy-to-use. No unnecessary settings, no questions – just select the device, start the scan and check the data.
- Lifetime license key. It is very difficult in the modern world to buy something final, usually everything is offered by subscription for a year or for one recovery case. In the case of ReclaiMe, you bought it once. If after a few years you again need to restore the data, just download the new version on the site and recover the data.
- Honest money back policy. Even though many manufacturers of data recovery software claim to adhere to a 30-day money back guarantee policy, you can often find user reviews on the Internet that in fact the money is not returned. In the case of ReclaiMe, we could not find any such mention.
- ReclaiMe can be used on as many computers as you own. That is, the software is not tied to the computer on which it was installed. You will be able, if necessary, to recover data from your computer, and from your spouse’s computer, and so on.
How to use the ReclaiMe?
Consider the case of data recovery from a 2-disk Asustor NAS device.
- We need to remove the drives from the NAS and connect them to the computer either directly using SATA or using a USB-to-Sata adapter.
- Download, install and run the ReclaiMe File Recovery.
- Select a volume from Asustor in the software window and click Start.
- Wait a bit and start viewing data in Preview.
- If the files are displayed well in Preview, then you can safely buy a key and copy the data to a safe location.
Five simple steps and it’s done.
If you have a simple case of data loss, for example, you deleted something important from an external hard drive or from a flash drive, then you have a wide selection of data recovery programs. Here you can compare by price, by the terms of the license, and so on. If you have a complex case, for example, data recovery from a NAS device, then we recommend ReclaiMe.