Apple has released the final versions of iOS 14.1 and iPadOS 14.1, which are available for download to everyone.
What has changed?
- Added support for playing and editing 10-bit HDR video in the Photos app on iPhone 8 and later;
- We fixed an issue that caused some widgets, folders and icons to appear at a reduced size on the Home screen.
- Fixed a bug due to which when dragging widgets on the Home screen, applications could be removed from folders;
- Fixed an issue that caused some emails in the Mail application to be sent from the wrong alias;
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
An update was released for the HomePod speakers, where the “Intercom” function announced at the Apple Event appeared for exchanging voice messages between devices of the same smart home network.
Apple also released the fourth beta of iOS 14.2 for developers, which we do not recommend installing: we fixed bugs, added new wallpapers, but new bugs could appear.
But the new wallpapers turned out to be wonderful: they are available in versions for a dark and light design mode and are not exclusive to new devices – they will appear on all smartphones and tablets after installing the update.
If you don’t have the strength to wait, download the wallpapers from Google Drive, all in high resolution 2820 × 2820 pixels.