Ever found yourself in oh my god kind of situation when you have accidentally deleted files or you deleted them on purpose only to realize that you were not truly done with them. And You keep thinking, what I am going to do now? Or how am I going to fix this up? Well, there is always a solution for your problem out there if looked close enough, and you would probably realize how silly it was to worry in the first place.
If you are currently in this situation where you have lost your files and need to retrieve them, read on for more details on the several ways to recover deleted files from Macintosh without having to sweat it out. You can use Disk Drill by CleverFiles to recover deleted data and also restore lost data. To get started, you can follow this procedure.
Recover Files From The Trash Bin
If you were lucky enough to have not proceeded to the next step of permanently deleting files, then here is what you could do to recover deleted files on mac.
- Click on the trash bin icon and open
- Check for the deleted files that you would like to retrieve
- Select the folder and do a right click on it
- Select restore back for the files to be put back in its former location.
How To Restore Permanently Deleted Files
Permanently deleted, that does not sound so good, does it? Especially if those files were so important. You are kind of freaked out because you think there is no way of fixing such a huge mess you have created. Luckily, it is not the end of the road. you can check out some of the best apps for macOS that you can use to leverage the situation. One main software you can use is Disk Drill by CleverFiles. It has been specifically designed to recover deleted files and restore lost data back on your Mac.
Restoring Lost Data On Your Mac
- Download and install Disk Drill by CleverFiles on your mac or windows. After you have successfully installed the software look for disk drill. dmg file on your folder downloads, and do a double click. When prompted drag disk drill icon to the application folder.
- Launch the software and permit the disk drill to scan your drive, by permitting the software you will have to provide the administrators password to your computer. Though you can skip from upgrading to pro version and use the basic version you will still need to upgrade later in order to recover deleted files on your mac.
- Choose the kind of drive you wish to be scanned for deleted files and click on the recover button. The disk drill will take up the scanning process as you wait for the results. You can always opt for a quick scan or a deep scan although the latter takes much time to complete the process. Both the scanning methods are can fix your problem however, the deep scan provides a powerful option of recovering lost files when all the available recovery options have failed.
- When the scanning process is completed, you will see a list of files that have been found during the scanning. You can then proceed to searching for the specific files by typing the key word for the specific files.
- Once you find the file that you were looking for, you can click to view its content just to be sure that it’s the complete thing and it was fully recovered. Once you have verified and are satisfied with the contents of the files you can select the location in which you wish to have them stored and click.
You can always recover any document or file using Disk Drill by CleverFiles on your Macintosh. So long as you can follow the instructions, then you are ready to go even with limited experience with technology.