Are you bored with what the official Android app store offers? Looking for a way of installing unofficial apps and games? Then you need to look at ACMarket. An alternative app store, ACMarket offers everything the official store doesn’t and is completely free – that includes all the apps and games. And there is no need to root your Android device, either, so read on for all the details.
How to Download ACMarket:
ACMarket is simple enough to download; all you require is your Android device, a decent connection to the internet, and the APK file:
- First, open the ACMarket download page and download the APK file
- Now open your Android Settings app and tap on Security
- Enable the option that says Allow From Unknown
- Close Settings and open your Downloads folder
- Double-tap on the APK file and wait for it to install – follow any on-screen directions
- You will see ACMarket on your home page when the installation is done
How to Use ACMarket:
ACMarket is as easy to use as the official app store:
- Launch ACMarket from your home screen
- Tap the App option
- Choose an app category
- Tap on any application or game that you want to download
- Follow the directions on the screen to install it on your device
- When you see the app icon on your home page, the app is ready to use
On top of being free to use and not needing your device to be rooted, ACMarket also offers these categories of apps and games:
- Android Apps – lots of official Android content for free, including premium apps
- ACMarket Apps – unofficial content, such as emulators, screen recorders, streaming apps, and more
- Tweaked Apps – stock apps with lots of new features
- Modified Games – stock games, with extra features and all in-app features/purchases unlocked
Frequently Asked Questions:
These are the common questions we get asked about ACMarket:
What Platforms Can I Use ACMarket on?
ACMarket is an Android-only app installer, and there are no plans to bring it to any other mobile platform. However, if you install an Android emulator, you can use ACMarket on your desktop computer.
Do I Need to Root My Android Phone?
No, ACMarket will work on an unrooted device. However, it is worth noting that some games and apps work better on a rooted device, and also, if you use apps and games over the internet, Google Play may block them if your device has not been rooted first.
How Safe is My Warranty?
100% safe. ACMarket is installed with the same permissions as an official app, making it both safe and legal. However, your warranty may be affected if you use tweaks that change the way your device works or you chose to root your device. Apps can be removed if necessary and reinstalled later on.
Common ACMarket Errors and Solutions
ACMarket is incredibly easy to use and stable, not to mention reliable. However, we are hearing reports from some users that it has stopped working. This could happen for any number of reasons, and the means there are several solutions. Simply work through these methods until one fixes the issue for you:
Method 1: Reset App Preferences:
This method appears to work for most users:
- Open Android Settings
- Tap on Apps (or App manager, depending on your firmware version)
- Tap on All Apps
- Tap on Reset App Preferences
- Tap on Reset Now and try again
If you still cant get ACMarket working, try the next method
Method 2: Clear Package Installer Cache
This is quite simple to do:
- Open Android settings and tap on Apps or App Manager
- Tap on System Apps
- Tap on Package Installer (or Storage if you use Android 6.0 Marshmallow)
- Tap on Clear Cache and Clear Data
- Close settings – if ACMarket still won’t work, try the last method:
Method 3: Enabling Unknown Sources
This needs to be done before installing unofficial content; skipping this step in the download guide would be why ACMarket is not working on your phone
- Open your Settings app and tap on Security
- Enable the option to Allow From Unknown Sources
- Close Settings and ACMarket should work
If it doesn’t, you must delete it from your device. Keeping that option enabled, reinstall it again.
If ACMarketisn’t working on your device, one of these methods should get things moving again. Sometimes, the easiest way to fix an error is simply to delete ACMarket completely from your device, reboot, enable unknown sources and reinstall it.
Try ACMarket on your device today. It’s one of the best alternatives to the Android app store and the best place to get all your unofficial and tweaked apps and games, completely free.