Decent jailbreaks have been few and far between until recently, when a couple of good, stable ones were released. The newest one is Unc0ver jailbreak, and it offers by far the best experience. It was developed to supportA7 to A13 devices with the 64-bit ARM system on iOS 11 and above and is far more reliable than some of the previous utilities.
How to Download Unc0ver:
You can choose from these two methods to install Unc0ver jailbreak on your device:
Method 1: Using TopStore
- Back your device data up using iTunes or iCloud
- Open the TopStore download page and install the app store
- Download Unc0ver onto your device from TopStore
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it – the icon will be on your home page when it’s done
- Open iOS Settings and tap General
- Tap on Profiles and tap the Unc0ver profile
- Tap on Trust and close Settings
- Open the Uncover app on your home screen
- Tap on the Jailbreak button
- Leave your device alone – when it resprings, you should see Cydia on your home screen, and you can use the jailbreak as you would any other jailbreak utility
Method 2: Using AltStore
AltStore is another unofficial app store that gives you the option of jailbreaking safely. This one is different, though – you will need the AltServer companion app on your computer to install it, and it must be refreshed every 7 days to stop the certificate from being revoked.
- Install AltStore using the guide at the link
- When it is on your device, open Safari browser, and download Unc0ver jailbreak
- Open AltStore and tap on My Apps
- Tap the + icon at the top of the screen and tap on Unc0ver 5.3.1
- Wait for the installation to finish, and you will see the Unc0ver icon on your home screen
- Trust the developer profile and then open Unc0ver
- Tap the Jailbreak button and leave it to install
Your device and computer must be connected using the cable or iTunes Wi-Fi sync to refresh the apps at least once a week. Otherwise, it will crash and stop working.
What is Unc0ver Jailbreak?
Unc0ver is one of the latest jailbreak utilities, this one developed by pwn20wnd to support iOS 11 or above. It is a semi-untethered jailbreak, but it offers everything you have come to expect from a stable and reliable jailbreak utility.
Unc0ver offers support for the following iOS 11 to iOS 13 devices – if you don’t see yours, it is not supported at this time:
- iPhone XS and XS Max
- iPhone XR
- iPad Mini (2019)
- iPad Air (2019)
- iPhone X (only iOS 12)
- iPhone 8, 8 Plus
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
- iPad Mini (5th generation)
- iPad Air 1
- iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
Unc0ver Jailbreak Features:
Since Unc0ver was released, it has been updated a few times, mostly to bring new features but also to make it more stable and reliable to use. Some of the features these updates have brought include dark and light modes, descriptions with all the app settings telling you what the setting does and what firmware/architecture it is compatible with, and support for A12 and A13 devices on iOS 13.
The other features of this jailbreak are:
- Easy access to the file system
- Ability to disable app revokes and auto-updates
- Dump APTickets
- Export TFPO
- Enable get-task-allow
- Increase the memory limits
- Install OpenSSH and reinstall Cydia
- Install unsigned IPA files
- Load daemons/reload system daemons
- Overwrite the boot notice
- Refresh the icon cache
- Reset Cydia cache
- Restore RootFS
- Install all your favorite apps, tweaks, libraries, mods, and more
- Loads more features
Unc0ver Jailbreak and Cydia Substrate:
Cydia substrate is the popular platform that underlies Cydia, allowing you to modify the software and the code without accessing the source code physically. And it also allows you easy access to all your apps, tweaks, and more.
As mentioned earlier, Unc0ver is a semi-untethered jailbreak and requires reactivating whenever your device is rebooted for any reason.
How to Remove Unc0ver Jailbreak:
Removing Unc0ver jailbreak from your device is simple with the built-in Restore RootFS utility:
- Launch Cydia and tap the Installed tab
- Delete all your mods and tweaks individually
- Open Unc0ver and tap on Settings
- Toggle Restore RootFS (rec0ver) and Refresh Icon Cache
- On the main Uncover screen, tap on Jailbreak or Rejailbreak
No,w wait. This can take some time as your root file system needs to be restored. When it’s all done, you will see the RootFS message on your screen; tap OK, and the jailbreak is gone.
Unc0ver is by far the most popular jailbreak released in recent times, so if you’ve missed your jailbreaks, download it and give it a try on your iPhone or iPad.