Willing to try another operating system or would like to test new software, VirtualBox is the perfect option to walk with. It provides all the hardware virtually to install and run a complete operating system beside your existing operating system. These virtual machines come into apps that are different. One of the most working one is VirtualBox. It provides all those features and accessibility that a virtual machine app can offer.
While Windows can be installed on both Mac and Windows, in a virtual machine and without, even dual boot. With macOS, it isn’t like that. A macOS can be natively installed on Mac but with a little trick, it’s possible to do on Windows. With that, there are always some problems around. These problems can appear likely as Apple restricts installing macOS on Windows. The more restrictions on installing macOS on non-Apple hardware the more problems. But these aren’t permanent and can be solved with the solutions we’ll discuss.
Differences between CPUs and the differences between what and where the error appears is important. Similar to these, the reasons and solutions are completely different from each other. Some of the problems are hardware acceleration that appears in different forms and sometimes with different names. This error comes up particularly due to another virtualization program particularly Hyper-v installed.
There are also other ones that we’ll dive into the solution such as booting and installating problems, mouse and keyboard problems, low screen resolution, speed and much more. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the most common and rare ones and how to fix macOS Catalina problems and errors on VirtualBox. For the most part, we’ve collected solutions from all of you intelligent users who did find the solution. Our salute for them and thanks for collaborating and sharing them with us.
- Related: Fix macOS Catalina Problems & Errors on VirtualBox
Fix macOS Catalina Issues With Q/A Solutions
These fixes should likely work for most of these problems, but if it doesn’t, let us know in the comments down below.
Since, there are lots of problems and solutions to find, for your comfort, you may search your problem with the browser search bar.
Start with pressing Ctrl + F then type the problem that appears. It will immediately do the search and show the solution to you.
So let’s start with it.
- stuck in EFI shell, downloaded the listed ISO and ran the commands, able to get further in the boot process, stopped at “Start CalculateAdler32”
- Had to set it on USB 2 for the keyboard and mouse to work. installed but no sound with old or new methods.
> Here’s the fix. Fix mouse & keyboard on macOS Catalina on VirtualBox.
- I did it and it works! But when it loads it won’t work. My mouse doesn’t work so I cant start setup for Mac.
- I want to use the virtual machine to program with Xcode, and upload the app to the App store. Would you have a problem?
> Here’s how to install XCode on macOS Catalina on Windows.
- I cannot download VirtualBox Boot, because the downloads on the drive have been exceeded.
> Here’s the fix. Bypass Google Drive download limit Quota exceeded.
- I have followed all the steps and keep showing install.sh not recognized as an internal or external command.
- what is the password for all your RAR files?
> The password is: Geekrar.com
- It worked, thanks a lot.It seems the difference was adding that iso image as a second hard drive.
My only issue now is that the Virtual Machine doesn’t update to 10.15.1. The update is downloaded but when I restart to install it, I’m back to 10.15 every time.
As I said, thanks a lot anyway.
- Works on one PC (Dell Laptop), but fails on my desktop. So frustrating. I have a ASUS MB and confirmed Hyper-V not enabled and Virtualization turned on in bios, yet VM boots to a black screen and never gets to any other screen. Virtual box and extensions lates version, Windows 10 Pro, and Catalina (black screen) and Mohave (shows some text and crashes).
- Why am i not able to drag my mouse clicks? Is there a fix for that? I’m trying to use an iPhone Emulator (Xcode) and because I cant click and drag I cant operate the simulated phone at all!
> Press Right Ctrl to enter or exit mouse.
- Hello, I solved EFI internal shell just typping exit and booting from the Hard disk.
- Several things may be modified.
I’m on an AMD CPU and GPU, and ive had to modify several thing. First, when tweaking VirtualMachine via CMD, ive added following line:
VBoxManage modifyvm “name your mac os” –cpu-profile “Intel Core i7-6700K”
Then, i switched the Network Adapter from Intel ProMT100 Dekstop,
and under System>Acceleration i deactived NestedPaging.
Without these Steps, my VM wouldnt boot. I was stuck on several things,
freezed at “Start xxHibernate” got fixed by the Adapter setting
freezed at “Start RandomSeed” got fixed by tuning in the –cpu-profile.
freezed at “End RandomSeed” got fixed by NestedPaging.
That’s all to there it is. If these didn’t worked for you and worked something else, let us know in the comments down below.