This post will show you where to download macOS Monterey VMDK directly on your PC. When you have the image downloaded, it can be installed in VirtualBox or VMware Workstation. This latest version of macOS Monterey is still in beta, so it’s a work in progress but very functional. For the download macOS Monterey VMDK file, we will provide a few options and get it from our forum and other sites in the community.
What is a VMDK file?
VMDK (short to mean Virtual Machine Disk) is the name of a file format used to describe storage containers that can store virtual drives that can be used with virtual machines such as VMware Workstation or VirtualBox.
Initially created by VMware to support its proprietary virtual appliance software, VMDK became an open format after the revision 5.0 in the year 2011 and is among the designs for disks used in the Open Virtualization Format for virtual appliances.
A maximum VMDK size is typically 2TB for all applications. However, in September of 2013, VMware vSphere 5.5 introduced 62TB VMDK capacity.
Can you convert your existing ISO to a VMDK file?
Yes, most operating systems in ISO format can be converted to a VMDK file. For a step-by-step process, you can watch the How to convert ISO to VMDK video on YouTube.
Download macOS Monterey VMDK – Direct Links
If you are looking to download macOS Monterey as a VMDK file. You can use either our forum link listed below or try one from some community sites we know.
- GEEKrar Forum (Mega Link)
- NodeNinjas (Google Drive Link)
- Techrechard (MediaFire Link)
- KodiDB (MediaFire Link)
Once you Download macOS Monterey VMDK its ready to be installed in a virtual platform. You can look at guides, Install macOS Monterey On VMware, and How To Install macOS Monterey On VirtualBox On Windows. Both guides will walk you through the steps of installing this operating system virtually on a Windows PC.
Looking for the ISO format of this image file, check out our post macOS Monterey download ISO.
Key Features of macOS Monterey
- Universal Control: It might be one of the most significant updates Apple brought in macOS Monterey. With a single mouse click, trackpad, and keyboard.
- Airplay to Mac: Option for Airplay Movies, Games, Photos, and more from the iPhone and iPad to Mac.
- Safari allows you to group the open tabs with easy swapping between different tasks without losing any open tabs.
- Facetime supports spatial audio: control the person from where they are coming from and their position. This feature will be available in iOS 15, iPadOS 15, and macOS 15.
Looking to install macOS Monterey on VirtualBox? We have the guide ‘LINK’ showing all the steps you need to get it done.
Mac Systems that support macOS Monterey
- 2016 and later MacBook Pro
- 2016 and later MacBook
- 2018 and later MacBook Air
- 2017 and later iMac
- Late 2015 and later 27-inch iMac
- iMac Pro
- 2018 and later Mac mini
- 2019 and later Mac Pro